𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥, 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕
Loving on people is easy, Pouring into folks is easy.. how often are you pouring that into self?
Whenever I am asked “What is the love language you like to receive” I always respond ALL, reason being… I give all, intentionally and with the reason and cause – because we are all deserving.
Why should the way one receives love be limited? Yes one is always “preferred” more than others but let’s be real, it takes nothing to pour all five, the person just has to be willing to and understanding of how you desired to be loved.
So Let’s Pour ALLL The Love We Give To Others, Back Into Self
1. Words of Affirmation: Self-Love – Speak love and power into yourself. Affirm greatness into yourself. “I AM” Affirmations in the morning, right after your expression of gratitude. Check out this post to guide you
2. Acts of Service: Love on yourself just a little bit. Meal prepping or even cooking a nice meal for yourself. Tidy up a bit around the house. Write down a list of things that you’d like to accomplish in a day (without overwhelming yourself or being unrealistic) and slowly check off that list throughout the day.
3. Gift Giving/receiving: Buy yourself something nice, my favorite thing to buy during self care is flowers or plants. If you see something, take a second to splurge, all consciously of course.
4. Quality Time: Be Present with yourself and only you. Don’t be afraid to put your phone on DoNotDisturb. Take a social media break. Spend a little more time resting and disconnecting.
5. Physical Touch: And YES this can be done with self on self myself, in non intimate ways, but of course – that’s an option as well 😉. Run yourself a nice bath, take a long shower (please note these also fall under quality time). Stretch the stress of your day out. Do some yoga. Meditate.
Whatever your love language is. However you LOVE to have LOVE poured into you. This is a reminder, you don’t have to wait for someone else too.